Re: [fetchmail]Problems with sendmail

2001-05-14 02:29:16
From: "Mr. Wade" <wadem(_at_)suwanneevalley(_dot_)net>

This is a bit off-topic, but since you brought it up... how do I
read the doc/op/op.me file included in the Sendmail distribution?

Ah, a sign I've been playing with Unix for far too long...

Reading the file as simple text, I see this as what I assume is
the command to display it:

        eqn op.me | pic | troff -me

...I'd assumed you'd tried "nroff -me op.me|less".  It works for me.

The sendmail/README file refers to this command:

        eqn ../doc/op/op.me | pic | ditroff -me

I don't have a ditroff command, it seems.  :(  I am really quite
unfamiliar with *roff, I'm afraid.

Ooops, never actually read the instructions :-)

Installed are:

        GNU eqn version 1.11
        GNU pic version 1.11
        GNU troff version 1.11

I'd really like to be able to RTFM.  How do I do it?  (Better
yet: why isn't a simple text version included?)  :)

Well, it all lurks on the sendmail web site...

Rob