Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail problem ?

2001-05-17 22:04:53

Although I never really had to work on fetchmail problems (it always worked
fine here), here's what I would do:

Hey, fetchmail used to work brilliantly for me; in fact when I ran it
first, I spent around 2 days sending and receiving email just to check if
it was bringing the correct email from the correct sources ! It was strange
for an MTA to work so perfectly !

You have already made sure that your modem link is set up correctly,
haven't you? Try telnetting to the computer from which you want to
retrieve mail on port 110. The pop3-daemon should say hallo. If it does,
fetchmail should be able to connect to it too! If it doesn't, well, then I

Oh, yes. This works fine. In fact, my earlier email to Rob referred to the
output ... fetchmail does all that HELO, etc and starts popping out email
one by one from 2 pop servers: pop.softhome.net and pop.mail4india.com
It starts ok, and then says

fetchmail: timeout after 0 seconds waiting for listener to respond.
fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching from
pop.softhome.net
fetchmail: Query status=ERROR

fetchmail: timeout after 0 seconds waiting for listener to respond.
fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching from
mail.net4india.com
fetchmail: Query status=ERROR
fetchmail: Deleting fetchids file.
fetchmail: normal termination, status 7
fetchmail: Deleting fetchids file.

This is for Rob MacGregor:
The sendmail.cf file is the one I transported from my desktop (where it was
working fine) to my laptop. I haven't made any changes to it; its got
default factory settings from RedHat.

-ASR