[fetchmail][fetchmail-announce] The 5.8.7 release of fetchmail is available

2001-06-18 09:02:52
The 5.8.7 release of fetchmail is now available at the usual locations,
including <URL:http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/fetchmail>.

Here are the release notes:

fetchmail-5.8.7 (Sun Jun 17 12:02:17 EDT 2001), 20749 lines:

* Make fetchmailconf work properly again by fixing tracepolls mismatch.
* HMH's fix for Debian bug #98127.
* driver.c refactoring in preparation for streaming mode.

There are 348 people on fetchmail-friends and 594 on fetchmail-announce.

Various minor cleanups.  At this point I'm doing conservative changes
only, lining up all my ducks in a row so I can tackle latency reduction
after 5.9.0.

By popular demand, diffs from the previous release have been omitted.
--

There's a truism that the road to Hell is often paved with good intentions.
The corollary is that evil is best known not by its motives but by its