[fetchmail]Delayed deletion of messages on POP server

2001-06-18 09:13:11
Hi,

I download my mail from several pop accounts (all same server) using fetchmail
with the default --nokeep. Now some members of my family would like to
occasionally use the webmail facility of this provider, being away from home.
This means I should now use --keep instead to leave copies of the messages on
the pop3 server. This will gradually fill up the mailboxes and mean double
maintenance. What I would like is tell Fetchmail to "keep messages but not
longer than 48 hours; then delete them", where 48 is obviously configurable.

I could write some Perl script eg. based on what's in .fetchids. Perhaps
somebody has already done something like that and would like to share? Are
other approaches suggested? Or perhaps some future version of fetchmail could
do it (what about "fetchmail --keep 48")? Would y'all consider this usefull?

Regards,
Jan Klaverstijn.