Re: [fetchmail]Patch: don't exit at a DNS-error at startup

2001-06-19 23:06:27
From: "Gerd v. Egidy"

Hi,

I've been bitten by a problem where my whole list of mail-accounts hasn't been checked for a time because one mailserver wasn't resolvable due to provider problems.

I always got the message "couldn't find canonical DNS name of xxx" directly after startup and fetchmail exited with PS_DNS.

I think the correct behavior should be to print out an errormessage like that and skip this host but poll the others.

I think you'll find this was patched in 5.8.2:

* Don't cough and die from failure to resolve a skipped host.  Resolves
 Debian bug #92530

--
Rob