Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail droping connection after a mail with a sngle dot.

2001-06-21 20:06:09
On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, victor(_at_)bogado(_dot_)net wrote:
      When I receive an email with a single dot in a line fetchmail drops the
connection and give a "protocol error". I am not shure if this is a pop3
server error (should it escape single dots?) or is a fetchmail bug.

Your POP3 server is buggy, and is going against the POP3 protocol RFC. It is
unusable as a production server IMHO.

Try using IMAP, or complaining to your provider that their "professional
POP3 server" fails to properly escape single-dot-EOL lines as the POP3 RFC
mandates, and must be fixed.

      If this a server error, then please someone know how to fix this? Is
there a workarround?

There is no workaround other than deleting the offending message from the
server, or fixing the server's bug.

  Henrique Holschuh