Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail droping connection after a mail with a sngle dot.

2001-06-21 23:26:59
[ I'd suggest subscribing to the list if you're interested in solving this problem. And please, keep all replies within the list, nothing direct to me ]

From: victor(_at_)bogado(_dot_)net

When I receive an email with a single dot in a line fetchmail drops the connection and give a "protocol error". I am not shure if this is a pop3 server error (should it escape single dots?) or is a fetchmail bug.

        This did not happen before, but I also don't know what trigger this
condition, were a fetchmail upgrade or a server upgrade that I don't
know about.

If this a server error, then please someone know how to fix this? Is there a workarround?

Prefectly normal behavour for SMTP. A "." at the start of a line, with nothing else on that line, is an end of message indicator for SMTP.

Can't speak for what fetchmail is complaining about exactly, but I suspect it's down to the fact that the email is suddenly shorter than the POP/IMAP/whatever server claimed it was.

--
Rob