Re: [fetchmail]Suggestion

2001-07-01 12:26:26
From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com>
Jan Klaverstijn <jan(_at_)klaverstijn(_dot_)nl>:
> I would like to parse my mail log to seen when the last time was fethcmail fetched mail. But the syslog does not show the end of cycle when running in daemon mode. To make things easier: wouldn't it be nice when a message like
>
> Jun 27 00:53:16 mailhost fetchmail[20254]: finished for now
>
> could be found in the log?

Yes, but on the other hand I don't want to make the logging too verbose.
Right now fetchmail tries to avoid logging anything but exception and error
conditions unless -v (verbose) is on.  Hiave you considered psarsing the
-v output?

Can I vote strongly for this not being standard! I'd have an entry in my log every 2 minutes :-) [I should point out that it doesn't access any mail server at 2 minute intervals, the shortest is 4 for my own ISP.]

--
Rob