[fetchmail](no subject)

2001-08-06 14:39:41
Hi there,

I have a cobalt Qube2 which uses fetchmail for grabbing email from my
ISP to it's local mail accounts. I have read on your page that fetchmail
say's it does not strip MIME attachmetns but I am having that exact
problem.

I sent a test email in MIME format to my ISP account.

I downloaded it from Eudora, Outlook Express and my ISP's webmail
program without any problems, however, when used fetchmail it stripped
my MIME attachment. I thought perhaps it was sendmail orginally then I
used the -S option in fetchmail to redirect to another smtp server but
my attachment never made it.

If you look at the log attached (as well as a copy of what appeared for
the message in /var/spool/mail/[user]) you will see that fetchmail read
8797 bytes from the ISP POP account, this is fine, the attachment was
about 8k. However, as you can see from the log, all fetchmail sent to my
SMTP server was 1000 bytes.

I see in your FAQ you say that some programs do not send MIME properly,
fair enough, but surely fetchmail should not be stripping data out of
the email messages anyway and just forward on what it gets?

I hope there is a solution to this.

Thank you in advance

// Carl Jones

For PC Software or Consultancy, visit our site at
http://www.voodoo-software.com.

FREE SMS, Ringtones, Logos and other personal tools visit
http://www.nusonline.co.uk

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify
the
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute,
recipient. Voodoo Software Ltd. reserve the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks.  Any views expressed in this
message
are those of the individual sender, except where the message states
otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the views of
any such
entity.

Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message
is
indicative only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer
deal at any price quoted.

Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as
preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.