[fetchmail]Help with Multidrop

2001-08-06 15:39:53
I had Multidrop working from Demon Internet (pop3) under fetchmail 5.4 but then
upgraded to the latest fetchmail packaged by SuSE
(5.8).
(Note that mics.demon.co.uk is the name of my (older) demon dial-up domain,
mics.org.uk is my (newer) real adsl domain, and my
mailserver's local domain.

Unfortunately, now it doesn't seem to be paying any attention to the envelope
line - from fetchmail -v -v

fetchmail: analyzing Received line:
bill(_at_)mics(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk yada yada
fetchmail: line accepted, mailstore is an alias of the mailserver
fetchmail: found Received address 'bill(_at_)mics(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk'

About to rewrite To: <Unknown-recipients>
Rewritten version is To:
<Unknown-recipients(_at_)mics(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>

fetchmail: no local matches, forwarding to
postmaster(_at_)mics(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk

And this is despite the .fetchmail.rc reading
yada yada
localdomains mics.demon.co.uk
to * here;

All mails now have the added header:

fetchmail -V
This is fetchmail release 5.8.0+POP2+RPA+NTLM+SSL+NLS
Linux bastion 2.4.4-4GB #1 Sat Jun 23 05:26:59 GMT 2001 i586 unknown
<uninteresting output not repeated>

(Sorry about the snips - I'm retyping this from my desktop machine, because my
bastion host - which runs sendmail - has no local
mail domains set up; messages are all forwarded to other servers)
What has changed? What am I now doing wrong? I can't find anything appropriate
in the mailing list archive or the faqs. Do I need to
upgrade to a later version of fetchmail? Or would it be helpful if I sent more
information?

Incidentally, what's that time in the fetchmail -V output? It gertainly isn't
"now"!

--
Bill Michell
bill(_at_)mics(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk (Home)