[fetchmail]Re: Fetchmail help

2001-09-10 16:16:16
Eric S Raymond writes:

Bill Michell <bill(_at_)mics(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk>:
It is currently by (unproven) belief that multidrop handling was broken by some version of fetchmail between 5.3 (which worked) and 5.8 (which doesn't with the same .fetchmailrc configuration). Up until now, I have been using a binary rpm packaged by SuSE so I'll have to play some games on my server in order to get to a position where I can actually compile fetchmail myself and add some suitable debugging code. However, a cursory reading of the code suggests that the received headers are not being correctly mapped to local names in multidrop mode - whether or not the WILDCARD option is being used.
I'll keep the list informed with what I find.

Have you been able to reproduce or probe this?  I found a minor bug that
*suffix* matches (rather than full-name natches) were not being properly caseblinded. But it sounds like you're talking something more serious.
If you can reproduce this error, please try doing a binary search on version;
that is, try (say) 5.5
RPMs for old versions can be downloaded from the FTP site.
--
The only version I have found that I can categorically say was broken was 5.8.0 as packaged by SuSE. 5.8.0 as up on your FTP site was fine when I compiled it myself, as was 5.9.0. If you need me to, I can get the SuSE source code and diff it against the 5.8.0 on the ftp site, but as the bug seems not to be present in the current version, I'm not sure it is worth it unless SuSEs next version is also broken in the same way.