[fetchmail]The --invisible option

2001-09-12 06:39:39
It would be useful (even nice!) if Fetchmail would recognize an
"invisible" keyword in the .fetchmailrc file, instead of me having to
remember to put it into the invocation command line.  I don't want
fetchmail adding any Received: headers to my mail, ever.

I'd like something like:

        set invisible {true|false}

with the default being false (or true, if invoked with --invisible).
This way, I can put this in the "obvious" place (the .fetchmailrc
file), and not in a "fetchmail.sh" script or some other hack like
shell aliases/functions.

If there's a good reason that this is not provided, I'll understand.
But if it is just an oversight, it might be a nice feature for some
future version of fetchmail.

Thanks in advance.

--
Larry Gensch
larry(_dot_)gensch(_at_)compaq(_dot_)com

            Working for COMPAQ for over a twentieth of a century