[fetchmail]A little ) problem

2001-09-22 05:42:45
Sorry to bother you, I am not on the list, so I would appreciate copies of
replies sent to me directly.

        I am running FreeBSD as a gateway to an ISP.  The FreeBSD system
picks up mail and holds it for the other systems on the local LAN, and I
use fetchmail to pick up mail (2 addresses).  There is a peculiarity in
that mail which has a mime boundary comes over with an extraneous
")" character appended to the last boundary.  I can set up some perl
script to fix this, but why does it happen?  My fetchmailrc file is very
standard:

#  Fetchmail config file (see fetchmail(1))
#  Fetchmail rc file.  Note, this fetchmail file lives in
#  /etc/mail, and /etc/rc.local uses it to start up fetchmail(1)
set logfile /var/log/fetchmail.log
#set syslog
# NOTE: The mailserver IP is set in named.conf
poll mailserver.connect-a.com.au
        user "rob" password "****" is "rob" here
                mda "/usr/libexec/mail.local %T"
        user "clare" password "****" is "clare" here
                mda "/usr/libexec/mail.local %T"

I've checked this out by using `mail.local` without fetchmail, and the ")"
is not appended in that case.  Other mail collection agents get the mail
from the ISP without the ")" - it's only fetchmail that shows this
peculiar behaviour.  Any ideas welcome.  Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Rob Hurle
        Rob Hurle                        Tel: +61 2 6247 2397
        PO Box 13                        Fax: +61 2 6247 2397
        Ainslie                      Cell phone: 0417 293 603
        Australia               e-mail:
rob(_at_)coombs(_dot_)anu(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au