Re: [fetchmail]A little ) problem

2001-09-28 16:27:27
"Eric S. Raymond" wrote:

Bingo.  The villain of the piece is, as you might guess, the festering
pile of rancid offal called Microsoft Exchange.  See FAQ item S2. Exchange
doesn't report message sizes correctly.

Personally, I'd get a great deal of satisfaction out of segregating Exchange
kluges under new pseudo-standards: FPROCME3 and FPROCMEMAP. Just because M$
marketeers find it useful to claim that Exchange supports IMAP and POP3 doesn't
mean I have to go along.

By the way, I really like fetchmail. Thanks! I also really like your signature
quotes. Been learning a lot from them.

As far as I can make out the only reason I can still eyeball measurements
instead
of having to use a meter stick is because of the 2nd Amendment. I'm also a big
fan of the 9th, which seems to prohibit limiting the amount that a jury deems
fair to compensate me for injuries among other things. The way things are going
all we'll have left is the 1st amendment. "Complain all you want, as long as you
can't do anything about it, we don't care."