Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmailconf 1.39 Problem : Fields don't match...

2001-09-24 08:05:02
On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, ESR wrote:
Steve <twopi(_at_)altavista(_dot_)com>:
The problem occurred because I was testing fetchmail and fetchmailconf in
the build directory prior to installing them. The new fetchmailconf was
doing "fetchmail --configdump ..." which was thus dumping the config from
the older, installed, fetchmail. (Obviously, ./ is not at the front of my
PATH. :)

Perhaps fetchmailconf could be modifed to run fetchmail from whatever
directory fetchmailconf finds itself in? They should both certainly be
*installed* in the same directory, and then testing a new version wouldn't
entail hacking the path to fetchmail in fetchmailconf just to test.

I've added code to prepend . to the front of fetchmailconf's search path.

That might be a security concern... I'll have to disable it for Debian,
maybe it could be done as a configure switch?

  Henrique Holschuh