Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmailconf 1.39 Problem : Fields don't match...

2001-09-26 19:01:13

Perhaps fetchmailconf could be modifed to run fetchmail from whatever
directory fetchmailconf finds itself in? They should both certainly be
*installed* in the same directory, and then testing a new version
wouldn't entail hacking the path to fetchmail in fetchmailconf just to
test.

I've added code to prepend . to the front of fetchmailconf's search path.

That might be a security concern...

I would agree with this. What I had in mind was the following. Let's say the
"installed" versions are in /usr/bin and we have "test" versions in /foo/bin.
My pwd is something else, like /something/else.

If I run the fetchmailconf in /usr/bin (whether explicitly or via PATH) it runs
"/usr/bin/fetchmail --configdump ..." but if I run "/foo/bin/fetchmailconf" it
would call "/foo/bin/fetchmail --configdump ..." and *NOT*
"/something/else/fetchmail --configdump".

Steve

http://www.shopping.altavista.com