[fetchmail]help on smtp forwarding via fetchmail

2001-10-05 06:58:25
Hi,
I am trying to forward smtp requests to my mail server (QMail). I am attaching a picture showing the configuration. I can redirect http request using Apache Reverse Proxy configuration. I mean I want to install Apache on the machine named "reverse proxy" in the picture. But I don't know a way to forward smtp requests to my mail server. And hide it for security. When I was searching for a solution I found fetchmail. I tought that fetchmail program should work on the machine named "reverse proxy" and It will do the redirection I need. I am still reading about it but I need help. Is there anybody who made a similar configuration? I am not even sure about if fetchmail is the thing I am looking for or not? I can't ask about the details cause I don't know yet.
Thanks.
FERDA