[fetchmail]Re: I have looked at the FAQ but..

2001-10-09 02:55:16
Tim Casson-Smith writes:

I can't find what I am after. I have also looked in the mailing list archive with no joy. So here is my problem, I need to download mail from one remote account and be able to send that mail to at least 3 local mailboxes. I have tried the following: poll pop.account.com proto pop3 user joe pass bloggs to user1 user2 here. All this does is receive the mail into the roots mailbox, this is the user which manages the .fetchmailrc file. Is this more of a sendmail configuration? Any help would be appreciated as I have been pulling my hair out on this :-/.
This seems like a classic multidrop situation - and is one of the less trivial things to set up correctly. You need to be able to correctly recognise which user the message was really sent to before it was bundled into the communal mailbox, and this is very system-specific. Read the documentation again, this time paying special attention to the bits about multidrop. When you understand those, then ask some more questions on this list if you need help in solving your particular case.
--
Bill Michell
bill(_at_)mics(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk (home)