[fetchmail]why aren't all pop3 features implemented in fetchmail?

2001-10-17 09:16:46
Have been using fetchmail for years in various forms (from 5.5.1+SSL to
5.8.14+SSL+NLS)
and I got to wondering why fetchmail wouldn't let me do some additional things
that are
part of the pop3 protocal. For instance:

LIST - lists out the mail available on the server with file sizes.
DELE n - deletes message number n on the server.
RETR n - retreves message n from the pop3 server.
TOP n m - privides a peek at the top m lines of message n

I see in the design docs there is a part detailing how to add an option but it
seems like
notes for how to add an option to the fetchmailrc file rather than to create a
new command
line option. Any hints on where to start to do that?
--
Steven A. DuChene       sad(_at_)ale(_dot_)org
                        linux-clusters(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com

        http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene/