Re: [fetchmail]SOCKET error with POP3, IMAP works

2001-10-17 19:41:45
On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 11:33:42AM -0400, pd wrote:
I am trying to use fetchmail 5.7.4 on a Linux 2.4.10 kernel with
iptables-based firewall and IP-masquerade.  Kmail can do its own fetch from
my external POP3 server with no trouble, but fetchmail gets the error

      "Query status=2 (SOCKET)"

Getting the exact same errors here with fetchmail release 5.8.14+SSL+SOCKS,
on NetBSD1.4.3 with ipfilter/NAT.  All I've found about it is: "just treat
this as an 'unrecoverable error'."  Does that mean we can't use fetchmail?

If you find the answer, please let me know.  TIA.

henry nelson