Re: [fetchmail]Re: Failing fetching mail

2001-12-14 15:22:36
Thanks for the answers.

If you'd provided the real domain name I might have been able to help,
however...

It is ANY domain, EVERY domain.

If it really is *every* external domain that has a
problem, it is more likely to be trouble with your own DNS configuration.

I guessed it is a problem of sendmail.
Could you advise please how to configure DNS? I was not able to find any
document or HOW-TO.

Thanks.

Bill Michell wrote:

Rob MacGregor writes:

From: "V.C." <chuprys(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>

Hello,
While retrieving mail I have the error message:

fetchmail: SMTP error: 451 4.1.8 <name(_at_)domain(_dot_)com>... Domain of
sender
address name(_at_)domain(_dot_)com does not resolve

This error appears for any mail box and for any address.
Funny thing is that it stopped fetching mail suddenly - one night
everything was OK, next morning I got an error without changing
anything.

If you'd provided the real domain name I might have been able to help,
however...

It's telling you that it can't resolve the domain.  Try "host -a
domain.com" and see what you get back.  There's little you can do unless
you control the DNS servers for that domain.

...or unless you control (or can complain about) the DNS servers that you
use yourself to do domain lookups (assuming you don't go straight to the
master servers yourself). If it really is *every* external domain that has a
problem, it is more likely to be trouble with your own DNS configuration.

--
Bill Michell
bill(_at_)mics(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk (home)