Re: [fetchmail]Re: Failing fetching mail

2001-12-15 08:20:05
Here is the url to an index of Linux how-to's.    The DNS how-to is in this
list.
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/howtos.html
Also look at :
http://www.linuxdoc.org/guides.html
for a list of on-line and off-line docs for Linux.
Covering DNS and many networking issues including mail I recommend : (pasted
from the above URL)

   The Linux Network Administrator's Guide, Second Edition
   version:     1.1
   author(s):   Olaf Kirch and Terry Dawson
   last update: March 2000
   ISBN:        1-56592-400-2
   available formats:
                 1.HTML (read online)
                 2.HTML (tarred and gzipped package, 690k)
                 3.PDF (1.5MB)
                 4.other : PDF, PostScript, and SGML (DocBook) source.

   This book was written to provide a single reference for network
administration in a Linux environment. Beginners and
   experienced users alike should find the information they need to cover
nearly all important administration activities
   required to manage a Linux network configuration. The possible range of
topics to cover is nearly limitless, so of course it
   has been impossible to include everything there is to say on all subjects.
We've tried to cover the most important and
   common ones. We've found that beginners to Linux networking, even those
with no prior exposure to Unix-like operating
   systems, have found this book good enough to help them successfully get
their Linux network configurations up and
   running and get them ready to learn more.

The hardcopy is available from O'reilly (www.ora.com).
I have the hardcopy because - if your system is really messed up -
you can't get on-line to get the info you need. :-)

it's $35 USD from ora or  $22.75 USD from www.bookpool.com.
(now, if it could only find my Christmas lights remote control.... )