Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail deletes mail after failing to deliver

2001-12-18 09:39:04
Use the "keep" option while setting things up. Then your mail will still be t
here when you're ready to try again.

Excellent suggestion. However, it makes me wonder whether fetchmail is
still suitable for a non-production/hobby/experimental/learning
environment where I have made, and possibly will make again, unrelated
changes that cause a working fetchmail to start deleting mail before
delivery.

antispam -1 on each of my pop mail boxes would seem to get rid of part
of the problem, but that still leaves me with the possibility of
introducing spurious 552 or 553 errors.  With fetchmail deleting the
evidence of what generated the messages, it might take me a while to
discover how to correct the problem:-( There is also testing.  Using
-keep until I get an example of something that I am hoping won't be
gratuitously deleted, or just waiting to see what happens seem
unattractive alternatives.

Simplest thing would be to patch fetchmail so that it is safe to use
in my environment, but I suspect that others face the same
difficulties that I do.