[fetchmail]I too have suspiscion of hanging deamon

2002-02-25 08:15:34
Greetings Group

Have been following the hanging deamon debate with some interest. I too have experienced this, I think. It is a rather intermittent error but is definitely worse on big messages (eg 2Mb). In one fetchmail session which I started with "keep" the 2Mb file was fetched but then on another later occasion it was attempted but never completed in 3 hrs. Restarting brought it down in about 20 minutes on a dial up 56K line. No big gripe yet - just adding my observation if it helps.

running fetchmail -V says:

fetchmail 5.9.0+IMPA-GSS+SSL+NLS+INET6

Running on redhat 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10#1

more details if wanted....
-
-Peter Barker                                       Desktop Display Ltd
-Technical Director              Multimedia & Technical Services
-pbarker(_at_)display(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk
http://www.display.co.uk/