Re: [fetchmail]I too have suspiscion of hanging deamon

2002-02-26 01:15:49
Quoting from peter barker's mail on Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 03:19:33PM +0000:
Have been following the hanging deamon debate with some interest. I too
have experienced this, I think. It is a rather intermittent error but is
definitely worse on big messages (eg 2Mb). In one fetchmail session which I
started with "keep" the 2Mb file was fetched but then on another later
occasion it was attempted but never completed in 3 hrs. Restarting brought
it down in about 20 minutes on a dial up 56K line. No big gripe yet - just
adding my observation if it helps.

running fetchmail -V says:

fetchmail 5.9.0+IMPA-GSS+SSL+NLS+INET6

Running on redhat 7.2 kernel 2.4.7-10#1

more details if wanted....

You may try upgrading to the latest version (5.9.8) first.

Then, try running:

fetchmail -v -v -L logfile [other usual options]

and look at the file "logfile" whenever there is a problem. You may
then send the relevant portions of "logfile" for analysis.

Sunil Shetye.