Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail proble

2002-02-26 00:12:56
From: "Kalam, Imran" <Imran(_dot_)Kalam(_at_)auspost(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>

Hi all,

I am new to fetchmail, I have installed fetchmail and setup a .fetchmailrc
file when I execute "fetchmail -v -c" I get the following output, can
someone help please it will be appreciated

fetchmail: 5.9.0 querying mailserver (protocol IMAP) at Tue Feb 26 10:04:39
2002
fetchmail: IMAP< * OK Microsoft Exchange IMAP4rev1 server version
5.5.2655.62 (mailserver.com.au) ready
fetchmail: IMAP> A0001 CAPABILITY
fetchmail: IMAP< * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 IDLE LITERAL+ LOGIN-REFERRALS
MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE AUTH=NTLM
fetchmail: IMAP< A0001 OK CAPABILITY completed.
fetchmail: IMAP> A0002 LOGIN "loginname" "*"
fetchmail: IMAP< A0002 NO There is no such mailbox on this server

That looks pretty obvious - you didn't give fetchmail a valid username. You'd have confirmed that with a little RTFM for the return code:

      3      The user authentication step failed.  This  usually
             means  that a bad user-id, password, or APOP id was
             specified. [...]

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: