RE: [fetchmail]Fetchmail chokes on spam I can't seem to avoid: "message delimiter found while scanning headers"

2002-04-06 16:24:25
Ideally, there'd be an option to delete the message on the nth
try, replacing the body text with the error (since otherwise, I get
a copy of the message, with no body, delivered to my local MTA,
over and over and over)

I'd rather delete malformed mail than get endless copies
of it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric S Raymond [mailto:esr(_at_)thyrsus(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 11:10 AM
To: Ian Young
Cc: fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail chokes on spam I can't seem to avoid:
"message delimiter found while scanning headers"

Ian Young <iyoung(_at_)one(_dot_)net>:
I keep getting wonderful emails from "esteban3(_at_)fullmanagement(_dot_)com"
that don't have CR/LF after the headers, and fetchmail never retrieves the
message and loops forever until I log in and delete the mail
interactively.

Is there a way to avoid this sort of behavior? ...through spam filtering
in
fetchmail, or configuring it to just drop poorly constructed messages? (I
can't filter on the remote mail server, and I'm stuck with POP3 :( )

There is currently no good way for fetchmail to handle this.  I'm open
to suggestions.