[fetchmail]fetchmail problem

2002-04-11 20:31:39
Hi,
Sorry for asking the same question twice but the first time I didn't get any
response. It is quite possible that my email server might had some problem
and the mails lost. But anyway, here is my question.
My fetchmail rc is like this
set syslog
set postmaster "postmaster"
set nobouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""
poll gate.polarhome.com
       user 'shantanu' there with password 'password' is 'shantanu' here

Now when I run fetchmail from command line like this:
$fetchmail -v
I expect it to give a clear verbose output. Instead, it gives me
#
kinda output.
Also, when it finishes fetchmail, it does not return to command prompt, it
justs waits, maybe for new mails.
Fetchmail version used is version 5.9.7+RPA+NTLM+SDPS+SSL+NLS.
What must be wrong?
Can anyone help please?
Thanks.
-Shantanu