[fetchmail]Fetchmail and vpopmail

2002-04-24 10:22:28
Hi,

I am trying to use fetchmail to grab mail off of a vpopmail server.  Vpopmail
(inter7.com/vpopmail) allows you to manage multiple email domains using a
database to store users/domains, etc.  However, since my user and domain
are both virtual (vs a real unix shell acct, etc) fetchmail can't seem to
do it's job.

Hopefully I'm just using it incorrectly, but i don't htink so.  Here is the
current .fetchmailrc line I'm using:

poll mail.marigoldtech.com port 12345 via localhost with proto pop3:
   user "user" pass "pass" fetchall expunge 10 preconnect "ssh -C -l user -f
x.x.x.x -L 12345:x.x.x.x:110 sleep 5"

ssh can connect successfully, but then it times out:

fetchmail: timeout after 300 seconds waiting to connect to server
mail.marigoldtech.com.
fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching from
mail.marigoldtech.com

any ideas?

todd