[fetchmail]Re: Fetchmail and vpopmail

2002-04-24 10:38:49
Todd Goldenbaum writes:

Hi,
I am trying to use fetchmail to grab mail off of a vpopmail server.  Vpopmail
(inter7.com/vpopmail) allows you to manage multiple email domains using a
database to store users/domains, etc.  However, since my user and domain
are both virtual (vs a real unix shell acct, etc) fetchmail can't seem to
do it's job. Hopefully I'm just using it incorrectly, but i don't htink so. Here is the current .fetchmailrc line I'm using:
poll mail.marigoldtech.com port 12345 via localhost with proto pop3:
user "user" pass "pass" fetchall expunge 10 preconnect "ssh -C -l user -f x.x.x.x -L 12345:x.x.x.x:110 sleep 5" ssh can connect successfully, but then it times out:
fetchmail: timeout after 300 seconds waiting to connect to server
mail.marigoldtech.com.
fetchmail: client/server synchronization error while fetching from mail.marigoldtech.com any ideas?
I assume that this isn't your actual .fetchmailrc file - you did use appropriate user and pass settings, I hope! It is also unlikely to have anything to do with virtual users. What does "fetchmail -v -v" say? (You may need to create fetchmailrc - no leading . - to be able to run fetchmail from the command line)
--
Bill Michell
bill(_at_)mics(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk (home)