Re: [fetchmail]Re: Bug in doing CAPA /w fetchmail-5.9.11?

2002-05-04 06:44:28
Birger Toedtmann <birger(_at_)takatukaland(_dot_)de> writes:

If I comment out the "&& strchr(greeting, '<')" line, STLS with the qpopper
works fine, BTW.  So who is repsonsible here:  qpopper for not announcing any
"<nfiowd(_at_)8320582340958>" in its greeting or fetchmail for expecting it
even
if servers could do CAPA/STLS without?

Qpopper configuration. I believe fetchmail only tries CAPA on servers
that are recent enough to announce APOP -- however, as said before, that
assumption breaks on Courier-IMAP, to name only one server (a good one, BTW).

:: IMPLEMENTATION Qpopper-version-4.0.3

Should be updated, while we're at it, there are security relevant bug
fixes in newer versions.