Re: [fetchmail]retireving pop3

2002-05-17 12:46:55
From: rfindlay10(_at_)attbi(_dot_)com

I'm running RH7.3 havent upgraded fetchmail,

Sadly we don't all run RH 7.3 :-)  What does "fetchmail -V | head" tell you?

Sorry I work in a busy office. So i was typing fast....
:-)

i'll forward my muttrc file when i get home from
work.

.fetchmailrc surely?

Yes, .fetchmailrc (see above) to explain ghaye
phrasing.

But yes, i'm trying to avoid having my inbox get
flooded.

Surely in that case you want the old emails deleted?  Just make sure you
don't have "fetchall" set.

Here's the thing. I Read my mail from two places.
Work and home. AT work I hit ATTBI webmail and look
at everything on the pop3 server that way.

While at home i want to grab mail off of the pop3 server
and read via mutt etc.

I only want it fetchmail to grab new mail off of the pop server,
marking it read. So that I can store/read later the mail
on the pop3 server via webmail. While at the same time
not flooding my local spool with duplicate messages.

Most mailreaders are smart enough to "laeave on server"
and only get "new mail". (marking the 'got' mail as
read, so it doesn't get retrieved again.

    Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
        me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: