[fetchmail]EHLO localhost

2002-06-05 15:15:55
Hi!
I was trying to use fetchmail 5.9.11+NTLM+SDPS+NLS on Linux Debian 2.4.18
with Zmailer running as MTA.
And I have found a problem because fetchmail is always issuing:
        EHLO localhost
which triggers an error:
        400 4.4.0 Interactive routing subsystem is not enabled
When I hacked fetchmail to use actual host name instead of "localhost"
in EHLO line then everything is OK.
The name "localhost" remained even if I have set smtphost to another machine.
Unfortunately smtpservers in my sorrounding strictly refuse accepting
any mail if sender does not specify correct FQDN in EHLO.
Off course there is possibility tu turn my Zmailer to accept "EHLO localhost"
but I think it is wrong solution
because it can open server to attacks and open relaying.

With Best Regards,
        Jerzy Sobczyk
--
--------------------- Institute of Control and Computation Engineering  ______
Jerzy Sobczyk                  Warsaw University of Technology         /_/   |