[fetchmail]Cygwin Winsock recv/WSARecv(..., MSG_PEEK) patch (Take 3)

2002-06-06 13:58:46
Eric,

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 11:18:36AM -0400, Eric S Raymond wrote:
Jason Tishler <jason(_at_)tishler(_dot_)net>:
Nevertheless, thanks for your patch.  Yours is "better" because it removes
the code duplicate between the SSL and non-SSL cases.  My second version
is "better" because it minimizes perturbing the existing code base.

Maybe a combination of the two would be best?

    o elimination of code duplication (from yours)
    o use of cygwin_read (via #def fm_read) to hide the Cygwin Winsock
      workaround (from mine)

Eric,

Do you have any opinions on what is the best approach?  Also, would
you consider one of these patches for inclusion in 6.0.0 (or 5.9.13)?
Or, should I resubmit after 6.0.0?

This sounds like it qualifies as a bug fix.  I'll cheerfully take a combined
patch for 6.0.0.

Attached is the above mentioned combined patch (against fetchmail
5.9.12).  Specifically, it is composed of Sunil Shetye's eliminate
the duplicate SockRead() code patch:

    http://lists.ccil.org/pipermail/fetchmail-friends/2002-June/002213.html

and my hide the Cygwin Winsock workaround patch:

Thanks,
Jason