[fetchmail]Fetchmail and timeouts in deamon mode

2002-06-10 02:30:50
Hello,

The mailserver of the ISP was down, and I got the following message:

------------
Fetchmail saw more than 20 timeouts while attempting to get mail from mailbox(_at_)provider(_dot_)nl(_dot_)

This could mean that your mailserver is stuck, or that your SMTP
server is wedged, or that your mailbox file on the server has been corrupted by a server error. You can run `fetchmail -v -v' to diagnose the problem.

Fetchmail won't poll this mailbox again until you restart it.

I don't like this behaviour, I would like that Fetchmail doesn't stop polling after 20 timeouts. Is that possible?

Another related problem is the following: I start Fetchmail in deamon mode while booting, and sometimes it takes some time before the DSL connection comes up. If Fetchmail doesn't find the mailserver the first time, it doesn't start at all. I would like to start Fetchmail in deamon mode even it cannot find the mailserver to connect. I would like something like an option "--force", or does it allready excist?

I restart fetchmail now 2 times a day with something like:

fetchmail -quit -d 600

Bad idea?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.