Re: [fetchmail]Topic: Email lost, SMTP error: 553 ... Domain name required

2002-06-18 07:02:39
From: "chevi_m" <chevi_m(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>

Hello Everybody,

I hope you will help me with a problem I have with my fetchmail v.5.0.4 on my linux server.

Try upgrading to something more recent. 5.0 is rather old - 5.9 is the current series. That may solve your problem (thoug I doubt it).

In fact some mails answered with reply from Lotus email messenger never arrive to my PC client.

What is your mail server software and version?

In the traces of my fetchmail (email server) I can read SMTP error: 553 ... Domain name required because in the from field there is <root> (original email adress disappeared).

Looks like your mail server is configured not to accept email that doesn't have a domain that resolves. However that's purely guessing.

I'd suggest the following:

1) Upgrade to the latest version of fetchmail.
2) Run fetchmail with "fetchmail -v -v" and post the results, along with details of your mail server software.

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: