[fetchmail]For lack of a better word... simultaneous muti-checking

2002-06-18 06:43:49
Hey Rashkae!

This isn't a horrible idea, but a few things
prevent me from doing that at the moment.

Does anybody else know if fetchmail can actually do this by itself?
It would really be a help.

Thanks,

Weyland

On Thursday 13 June 2002 08:39 am, Rashkae spake:

Here's a quick idea I had to accomplish this if fetchmail itself doesn't
support it.
Break up your users into multiple fetchmailrc files. Create a shell script
that will start multiple instances of fetchmail (each with an individual
fetchmailrc file) in the background and use a cronjob to run the script.
If you wanted to use fetchmail daemon mode instead, you would probably
have to create multiple users to act as fetchmail users. (Since each user
can only have one fetchmail daemon running at a time.)