Re: [fetchmail] Fetchmail+Procmail+Amavis

2002-07-08 23:05:14
From: "Simon Boulet" <simon(_dot_)boulet(_at_)divahost(_dot_)net>

Hi guys,

I am using fetchmail to get the mail from my pop account, then passes everything to procmail (with wants mda "/usr/bin/procmail")to filter unwanted mails.

Is there a way to *hide* completly that the emails passes by fetchmail(_at_)system-name in *any* from fields? I dont know why and how but Exim ($sender_address) and Amavis or reporting that my emails are coming from fetchmail@ but my e-mail client (Outlook) from field is all right. The problem is when Amavis (anti virus) reports that a virus was found, it sends a "you have a virus" message to fetchmail@ and not to the original sender.

It would help if you posted your version of fetchmail and it's configuration. Sample headers showing the mangling would be useful too.

However, take a look at the "no rewrite" and "invisible" options in the man page.

   Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
       me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.

   Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above :)
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: