Re: [fetchmail] getting email from a few accounts

2002-07-12 23:01:48
On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Paulo Roberto wrote:

I have been doing some search on the net but I still did not manage how
to make fetchamail retrieve email from 5 different accounts without
asking for password (of course, I would supply it on a script) every
time my ppp link is up (delivering it thru qmail).

A graphical tool to setup a fetchmailrc file is fetchmailconf.
A command to auth automatically would be:

        poll pop.mail.foo.bar with proto POP3
        user 'you' there with password 'secret' is 'linux.user' here options
fetchall

Since it will retrieve the email from several accounts, I cannot make a
~/.fetchmailrc file for each user, because they would have to login and
type their passwords.
I know I probably need to use the -auth option.

If you want mail to be sent to varios users you need to setup procmail
that delievers received mail in the users mailboxes

Could anyone please tell where I can find some documentation or give me
any hints, because I am not getting along too well with the manual (I
think it is the most long manual I have ever seen...).

Try the fetchmail FAQ available on the fetchmail homepage

Oliver

--
... don't touch the bang-bang fruit