Re: [fetchmail] How to get started

2002-08-01 09:39:23
----- Forwarded message from Martin Trautmann <traut(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de> -----
On Thu 2002-08-01 (13:01), Rob MacGregor wrote:
Sorry, I'd need a walkthrough of telnet commands for that task.

telnet mailserver 25

Then post the header line from the mail server.

220 EXCHANGE1 ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service
5.5.2653.13) ready

On port 143 (as stated before) it's
* OK Microsoft Exchange IMAP4rev1 server version 5.5.2653.23 (exchange1) ready

While reading mail from the server with mutt and comparing previous
results, stripped is e.g.
That may be Mutt doing it, any mail server that does that is probably
breaking more RFCs than I can count.

Hm, strange, it did not do this before.
Messages fetchmailed from IMAP and resent to the exchange server include all
the headers when I get them with mutt again!

Kind regards
Martin

----- End forwarded message -----