[fetchmail] Problems with BCC Emails

2002-09-10 02:03:25
Hi,

I have a problem with BCC emails from senders, which seem to end up in the admin mailbox and are not correctly routed to the individuals.

Referring to the man page I found the following extrac:

"A  related problem is that when you blind-copy a mail mes-
sage, the Bcc information  is  carried  only  as  envelope
address  (it's  not  put  in the headers fetchmail can see
unless there is an X-Envelope header).  Thus,  blind-copy-
ing  to  someone  who gets mail over a fetchmail link will
fail unless the the mailserver host  routinely  writes  X-
Envelope  or  an  equivalent  header into messages in your
maildrop."

I think that this is the problem. How can this problem be overcome? Obviously it is impossible to get every sender to configure their mail program to add an X-envelope header to their mail header.

I would really appreciate some help.

Kind Regards
Tony