Re: [fetchmail] Problems with BCC Emails

2002-09-11 03:32:55
"Tony Horse" <tonyhorse2001(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> writes:

I think that this is the problem. How can this problem be overcome?
Obviously it is impossible to get every sender to configure their mail
program to add an X-envelope header to their mail header.

It's not the sender who does it, but the server that receives mail
for your mailbox and actually puts it into the box, so it's your POP3
hoster.

That server has the whole envelope, and clueful software (Postfix, Exim)
will save the envelope recipient address to the header or can be
configured that way. qmail does it by default (but is not clueful),
sendmail needs the help of external software, namely procmail. See
http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.29

However, I have yet to find the ISP who would actually reconfigure their
sendmail. They'll always investigate, but never do.