Re: [fetchmail] client / server syn error and error response to CAPA

2002-10-01 23:00:43
From: "senthil" <senthilg(_at_)jadooworks(_dot_)com>

I am having the same old problem found in nearly all fetchmail list mails..
but still none of them seem to give me a clue about how to solve the problem
or am i not getting it ???   the problem iam facing is ...

[root(_at_)localhost senthilg]# fetchmail -v -f  test
fetchmail: 5.9.0 querying pop.net4india.com (protocol POP3) at Wed 02 Oct
2002 07:40:17 AM IST
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Cubic Circle's v1.31 1998/05/13 POP3 ready
<9b780000a3559a3d(_at_)pop(_dot_)net4india(_dot_)com>
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR Invalid command, try one of: USER name, PASS string,
APOPname digest, QUIT
fetchmail: Invalid command, try one of: USER name, PASS string, APOP name
digest, QUIT

Perfectly normal and happens only the first time a server is polled (assuming you're running it as a daemon). Some servers complain, some support CAPA and don't.

 Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
      Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?