Re: [fetchmail] Two Problems

2002-10-18 14:38:49
On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 23:05, Rob MacGregor wrote:

Hello all, I hope you can help. I've read the FAQ, and tried some of the
diagnostics, but I can't quite figure out what the problem is. I'm
attaching the output of 'fetchmail -v -v' for your perusal, and
apologize for the length. I'm just not sure what's relevant.

There appear to be two problems.
1) Something about qmail is causing header problems which may or may not
be being ignored.
2) Message lengths are not working out.

Both problems seem to be preventing certain messages from being
downloaded. Is there some way to force the download? Where's the
problem?

Hope you can help. I'll be happy to try suggestions for testing the
configuration. Most messages are getting through.

Your fetchmail config would be useful for diagnosing the first.

Attached, with passwords ***'d out.

As for the second, you sent a 1606 line mail log.  Why not try just sending
the relevant entries for a SINGLE failing email?  I doubt many people have
the time to trawl through so much repetition to try to find the single error
about message sizes.

Couldn't figure out what was relevant, but the single message idea's
good. I've found that if I specify no dns lookup, everything downloads
fine. Friends may still want to track down the problem, however. Seems
to me that just because the DNS doesn't work doesn't mean the message
sizes should get mangled. The first error is likely to be a common one
because qmail is common. Is this why the no dns option exists?

I've attached a shortened version of the logged problem in case anyone
wants to follow up on this.
--
Michael Rensing