Re: [fetchmail] Fetchmail 6.1.1 can't login to a server that 5.9.14 can handle?

2002-11-12 12:10:20
On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 17:56, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Gareth Clay <garethclay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com>:
It seems like fetchmail 6.1.0 and 6.1.1 can't download mail from one of
the mail servers at my university. Fetchmail 5.9.14 works fine though, so
something weird is going on. KMail also has no problems with downloading
mail from this server.

I note that the faired query uses POP3 but the successful one uses IMAP.
What happens when you use IMAP under 6.1.2?

I'm also at Warwick, and I just did some testing with 6.1.0. It coped
quite happily with our Groupwise server - try using gwmail.warwick.ac.uk
rather than mail.csv.warwick.ac.uk (for IMAP).

The results I get are, it downloads unseen messages, but notices that
the existing messages are there, leaving them available for the webmail
interface.

HTH,

Mike.