[fetchmail] automatic mimedecode

2002-12-04 03:18:11
Hello

I am using fetcmail version 5.8.0 now for  years (as shipped by Suse I
must add). Lately I have a problem with the fact that quoted printable
messages get autoconverted  to 8bit, which I  dislike. The headers  of
these  messages look like

to 8bit by sunma2.mat.ucm.es id gB3Lu7p05518

This is a  feature I do not like.  I presume the culprit is fetchmail,
although  I am not   sure. I sort of  tested  it by receiving the same
email, via emacs gnus directly from the IMAP  Server. And in fact with
this method the quoted-printable mail was not autoconverted.

I configured fetchmail using fetchmailconf and
in the corresponing .fetchmailrc there is no referernce to
mime decoding, in fact, fetchmail -V returns:
Interpretation of Content-Transfer-Encoding is enabled (pass8bits off).
MIME decoding is disabled (mimedecode off).

Is there a bug in fetchmail 5.8.0?
Is the culprit any other program? And finally how can I change the
configuration, since fetchmailconf is not sufficient for this purpose?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer