Re: [fetchmail] automatic mimedecode

2002-12-04 13:49:34
Matthias Andree <ma(_at_)dt(_dot_)e-technik(_dot_)uni-dortmund(_dot_)de> writes:

Uwe Brauer <oub(_at_)eucmos(_dot_)sim(_dot_)ucm(_dot_)es> writes:

Hello

I am using fetcmail version 5.8.0 now for years (as shipped by Suse
I must add).

Wow. Did you ever use SuSE's security updates? If no, you'd probably
yep, but not on this issue
kill the rpm (rpm -e fetchmail fetchmailconf) and want to install
fetchmail 6.1.3 instead.
Well I do this

Lately I have a problem with the fact that quoted printable messages
get autoconverted to 8bit, which I dislike. The headers of these
messages look like

sunma2.mat.ucm.es id gB3Lu7p05518

This is a feature I do not like.  I presume the culprit is
fetchmail, although I am not sure.

Why should it? Is sunma2.mat.ucm.es your computer? If so, why did you
Yep it is,
configure "mimedecode"? The default is "no mimedecode", at least as of
6.1.3.
I *did not* configure it this way!

I was pointed out that the culprit is most likely sendmail not fetchmail.

Is there a bug in fetchmail 5.8.0?

More than one.