Re: [fetchmail] No Mailservers

2002-12-20 18:02:37
On Friday 20 December 2002 01:53 pm, SoloCDM wrote:
What causes the following message to occur during Fetchmail bootup?
I have always used the ~/.fetchmailrc without any errors or failed
messages from the configurations.

   Starting Fetchmail services: fetchmail: no mailservers have
   been specified.
                                                           [FAILED]
My best guess is that your startup script points to /etc/fetchmailrc rather
than /home/user/.fetchmailrc.  Since there is nothing in that file, fetchmail
exits.My preference is to keep it that way and configure it so it polls the
correct remote mail box and dumps it into the proper /var/spool/mail/user,
but you can change the script /etc/rd.d/init.d/fetchmail to point to whatever
config location you want.

Robin Lynn Frank - Director of Operations - Paradigm-Omega, LLC
No attachments or active content is permitted in incoming mail.
Copyright and PGP/GPG info in mail or message headers.
Free email addresses are not accepted.  ICQ:  147240022