Re: [fetchmail] Odd behaviour ?

2003-01-26 21:07:06
Nils Vogels <nivo+ffriends(_at_)is-root(_dot_)com> writes:

As fetchmail tries to send it's error message, the following happens:

 In:  MAIL FROM:<FETCHMAIL-DAEMON(_at_)localhost>
 Out: 250 Ok
 In:  RCPT TO:<nivo+hac(_at_)my(_dot_)host(_dot_)org>
 Out: 504 <FETCHMAIL-DAEMON(_at_)localhost>: Sender address rejected: need
     fully-qualified address
 In:  RCPT TO:<nivo(_at_)localhost>
 Out: 504 <FETCHMAIL-DAEMON(_at_)localhost>: Sender address rejected: need
     fully-qualified address
 In:  RSET
 Out: 250 Ok
 In:  Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 23:19:30 +0100 (CET)
 Out: 502 Error: command not implemented

Session aborted, reason: lost connection

The line that throws me the most, is the last received line by Postfix from
fetchmail.

Why would fetchmail proceed with sending headers when all recipients have
failed ?

It KNOWS that recipients have failed, since it has sent the RSET
command. Still it sends headers. To work around this, you could make
fetchmail use a real sender domain, adding this line to .fetchmailrc
should get the job done (I don't recall if there's a prettier way to do
this):

skip some.host with proto ETRN no dns