[fetchmail] fetchmail socket error

2003-02-01 10:50:39
Hello,

I have the following setup :

SuSE Linux
Postfix 2.0.3
fetchmail 5.8.0

The postfix Server is running OK. I receive mails for
webmaster(_at_)die-schnells(_dot_)de and it's properly aliased to local user
'aschnell'.

My Problem is that fetchmail don't fetch the mails and I don't know why

If I try for example :

fetchmail -p pop3 -c -v localhost

I just get the following error message :

fetchmail: 5.8.0 querying localhost (protocol POP3) at Sam 01 Feb 2003 18:44:01
CET
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from localhost
fetchmail: normal termination, status 2

Does anybody has a clue what I'm doing wrong. I thought the Postifix-setup was
hard but this is really rough ;-))

thnx

Andy